jquery validation plugin and IE8 - 'jQuery.event.special.focusin' is null or not an object

I recently was using jquery validation plugin for form validation. It worked perfect on Firefox and Chrome. But when I tested on IE 8 , it did not work. The form submitted without any validation.

using the inbuilt Javascript debugger for IE 8 (press F12 to activate it), I noticed the error
'jQuery.event.special.focusin' is null or not an object.

I ran the sample that came with the jquery.validation plugin and it seemed to work on IE8 without any issues, the only thing I noticed was that the reference for jquery.js and the jquery.validation plugin were right below each other.

So I did the same, I moved the jquery.js reference from master page to the page where the validation plugin was used and the validation worked fine!

<script type="text/javascript" src="assets/scripts/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>
<script src="assets/scripts/jquery.validate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drupal - How to display webform node in a block?

Error when Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio

Technical Team Lead Interview Questions