Fixed: Error 503 Service Unavailable

I setup a site with few html pages for my SPA application on my windows 8.1 and IIS 8.5 laptop.

When I tried viewing the site in browser, I kept getting  'Error 503 Service Unavailable'.
I viewed app pool, it was stopped.  In some cases, just starting the Application pool for the site may very well fix the error. But my site did not start!.

When I looked at the event viewer I could see the below errors repeated many times:

The Windows Process Activation Service failed to create a worker process for the application pool '<sitename.com>'. The data field contains the error number.

When I clicked the Details tab on the event viewer, I could see :  Binary data - In words : '8007012B'.

I did not get much help when I viewed the data via Err viewer.

The way I fixed the issue was to switch 'Load User Profile' to false.

It can be accessed by getting into IIS > Application Pools>'select your application pool'>Advanced Settings(on right hand menu)> Under Process Model - set Load User Profile to false.

This should fix the above issue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drupal - How to display webform node in a block?

Error when Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio

Technical Team Lead Interview Questions